• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.2.320 leak

Willyg44

I want to install newer ROMs, but I need to download and install the .320 leak. Where do I find this? I'm sorry as this is probably common knowledge to most, I hated when people would ask these "where to download" questions on crackberry.com, but I'm gonna have to be that guy right now :( Any help would be greatly appreciated of where to find this, and how to find them in the future.

edit: 2.3.20.

I want to install newer ROMs, but I need to download and install the .320 leak. Where do I find this? I'm sorry as this is probably common knowledge to most, I hated when people would ask these "where to download" questions on crackberry.com, but I'm gonna have to be that guy right now :( Any help would be greatly appreciated of where to find this, and how to find them in the future.

edit: 2.3.20.
why do you need the leak??there is no need to use the leak now that .340 ota is out ,,,,mostly everything thats compatible for the leak you can use on .340 and visa versa....what is your exact situation???it seems as if though your on 2.3.15 and cant accept the ota due to modifications you have made ..is this correct??in order to give you exact direction we need some more info ,,,:D

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am on 2.3.15 and rooted so I can't accept the OTA 2.3.40. I read that if I install the 2.3.20 leak, it's easier because I don't have to SBF to 2.3.40 or something. I still don't totally understand the SBF process, but my understanding was that I would have to root and deodex again and such and it would be an annoying process. And I was having a hard time finding a beginner's guide to this SBF thing where it explains what I'm doing. =/

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am on 2.3.15 and rooted so I can't accept the OTA 2.3.40. I read that if I install the 2.3.20 leak, it's easier because I don't have to SBF to 2.3.40 or something. I still don't totally understand the SBF process, but my understanding was that I would have to root and deodex again and such and it would be an annoying process. And I was having a hard time finding a beginner's guide to this SBF thing where it explains what I'm doing. =/
did you make a backup after you rooted but before you did anything else??and what exactly have you done since rooting?..if you have the backup just restore it and unroot then ota...if you have not done anything but root but have no backup then just unroot and ota....you may need to use the 2.2 sbf then ota to .340

I rooted a long time ago, and yeah I've done a lot since then. I have all my stuff backed up with titanium backup, and have a backup of my current ROM (Apex 1.1 I believe?).

I'm not quite understanding this whole unrooting and SBF and back to rooting thing, maybe I'll have to search around more. If I am on 2.3.15 now, I can unroot my phone, and then install the OTA update, and then root again? Or is it not that simple. I wish there was a central database or something for all of the locations of these downloads and scenarios.

EDIT: Wait, is this right... I need to install a stock version of 2.3.15 and then over that, install the 3.40 OTA. And THEN I can root and deodex that again?

I rooted a long time ago, and yeah I've done a lot since then. I have all my stuff backed up with titanium backup, and have a backup of my current ROM (Apex 1.1 I believe?).

I'm not quite understanding this whole unrooting and SBF and back to rooting thing, maybe I'll have to search around more. If I am on 2.3.15 now, I can unroot my phone, and then install the OTA update, and then root again? Or is it not that simple. I wish there was a central database or something for all of the locations of these downloads and scenarios.
its not that easy since you have added a rom etc...thats why you should have made the backup just after root but prior to installing a rom so when you need to ota you restore your backup and do so but you dont so if you are not comfortable with sbf(whu=ich i would suggest you get comfortable with it)you can do this without sbf anything....i am going to give you two links first ...follow all directions carefully or you can create a nice paper weight...first use this
TBH & MyDroidWorld Strikes Back: 2.3.320 update **Must be rooted**
then once on the leak you can apply these files...use the system updater first then the kernal and baseband etc second
TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader

Thank you so much!! I think I understand now. All the download links are dead in the TBH thread, hopefully I can find one laying around somewhere else.

Thank you so much!! I think I understand now. All the download links are dead in the TBH thread, hopefully I can find one laying around somewhere else.
i know the tbh app has most of that stuff in there but it cost $2 from the market but is also well worth it,,,the only live links i have are the ones for the .320 full sbf and the .340 system only sbf.....are you willing to try to sbf?and f so what kind of computer do you have if you have one available?

Damn ok. So what if I follow RoOoler's "Guide to restoring your Droid X to stock 2.2 OTA VIA RSD Lite "SBF"". That would get me from where I am now to stock 2.2, then I could install the official OTA from there and just root again when I'm on 340 correct?

i know the tbh app has most of that stuff in there but it cost $2 from the market but is also well worth it,,,the only live links i have are the ones for the .320 full sbf and the .340 system only sbf.....are you willing to try to sbf?and f so what kind of computer do you have if you have one available?

Woops, missed this post from you. Yeah I'm willing to SBF as long as there are instructions. I'm able to SBF I'm sure, I am just not familiar with it or really know the process or what it means. But that seems like a reasonable route from where I am now, so I can definitely do that.

Great, thanks a bunch. As you said, I should probably get familiar with SBF anyway, so I'll give it a whirl. You've been a HUGE help, thanks again man. It seems pretty easy to perform a SBF.

Great, thanks a bunch. As you said, I should probably get familiar with SBF anyway, so I'll give it a whirl. You've been a HUGE help, thanks again man.
no problem ,,i love to help,,,:D,and yes when you are into tinkering with your device like this you should be familiar with the sbf process and always try to stay up to date as it will be easier then being behind,,,:D

Bah, I've been trying to get my device to show in RSD lite for 40 minutes, it's just not showing. I reinstalled the USB drivers, I have debugging enabled, I tried it with charge only mode, PC mode. Nothing is working. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was confusing bootstrap recovery for bootloader. Dumb me!

Back
Top Bottom