• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [2nd Gen] 2nd Gen Kindle Fire De-registered and stuck in boot mode

kwagner51

Lurker
Sep 22, 2014
I am trying to restore/unbrick my daughter's kindle fire. She loaned it to a neighbor and when she got it back it was no longer registered to her and stuck in boot mode.

I went to her amazon account and the fire is not listed. She called support and they don't have it listed either. My computer does not list her fire anywhere that I can see. Of course I don't really know where to look.

Amazon support is no help, although they did sent her the 9w charger free of charge. She can not afford to buy a new kindle so I really need to fix this one if I can. My 3 y/o grandson plays educational games on it and misses his Kindle!!

I have been reading the forum and went to the Jave SE site to download the Android SDK for Windows 7 64bit but do not know which one to download.

I also do not know which TWRP to download.

Where do I get the KFU?

She bought her Kindle Fire on January 21, 2013

Is this a hopeless case?

Thanks!!

Karen

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones