• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

32GB or 64GB

Whatstreet

Android Enthusiast
I am wondering why buy the 64GB version when there is a place to install a micro SD card and go all the way to 1TB if desired. I don't recall the limitations of SD cards because I haven't used one in years and I have forgotten.

The 64 has an incentive that you can get a makeover from Moto Maker in two years at no cost. It will untouchably be on a reconditioned Turbo 2.

I imagine the memory is faster than the SD card.

There may be problems running some apps from the SD card.

... Thom

Last edited:
I'm not sure if Motorola will support this feature, but Marshmallow will allow you to format an SD card as adoptable storage. So, if you have a 32 GB storage Turbo 2 and add a 32 GB SD card, if you choose that option the phone will act like it is 64 GB of internal storage.

Of course, that will mean reformating the card, and it won't be usable in another device until you format it again. And, there is no support for it now.

SD Card storage on Android is a bit of a kluge. You can storage data there, music and videos, etc., but not all apps support looking at SD card storage. But - if the idea is to add a ton of music and movies, it's a great option.

I personally like the simplicity of internal storage.

I went with the 32G model because I did not want to wait. I bought a 128G SD card and will hope for the best.

I went 64 GB for a touch of future-proofing and because I think that manufacturer provided storage is more seamless than adding an SD card and hoping that it integrates well.

Back
Top Bottom