• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 3g refuses to load webpages and downloads

deathneed

op v
running backside rom

Over the last few days my phone has been giving me issues with 3g, at first it would just drop connects and downloads but now its not working at all.

I can recevie texts, calls and even use facebook however everything else does not work (web, play store, youtube etc..)

Ive tried reflashing, fixing permissions, reboots, toggling airplane mode, toggling data and nothing seems to work.

any ideas?

I hate to say it, but i was starting to have similar problems and i was so attached to backside rom, but i think it's time for you to flash the MiRaGe rom and go with the zengarden recovery.

I switched to MiRaGe Rom and zengarden recovery about a month ago, ain't never lookin back!

Right now it's the best rom for our phone, and zengarden recovery is amazing, give it a try what do you got to loose, backside is a dinosaur.

I hate to say it, but i was starting to have similar problems and i was so attached to backside rom, but i think it's time for you to flash the MiRaGe rom and go with the zengarden recovery.

I switched to MiRaGe Rom and zengarden recovery about a month ago, ain't never lookin back!

Right now it's the best rom for our phone, and zengarden recovery is amazing, give it a try what do you got to loose, backside is a dinosaur.
I have tried flashing multiple roms, including the one you have mentioned (currently using) and no luck

I think something internally might be broken, but then again facebook works, nothing else though....

Did you make a backup of your stock rom? If you did ,restore your backup, just hit the activate app, that usually fixes 3g problems.

If you didn't save stock rom, flash a froyo rom that has the activate app in it, i think rodiumus rom has it or flash stock rom, you are going to need the activate app to restore 3g.

Good luck.

Did you make a backup of your stock rom? If you did ,restore your backup, just hit the activate app, that usually fixes 3g problems.

If you didn't save stock rom, flash a froyo rom that has the activate app in it, i think rodiumus rom has it or flash stock rom, you are going to need the activate app to restore 3g.

Good luck.

I flashed stock rom and ran the activate, it rebooted my phone but 3g is still not working. Im thinking something internally must be broken

thanks for the help anyways

I flashed stock rom and ran the activate, it rebooted my phone but 3g is still not working. Im thinking something internally must be broken

thanks for the help anyways

Keep trying the activate app, i remember that i ran it a few times before it would work.

I know it's a pain in the butt, but one time i had to call Virgin Mobile, i told them the app didn't work and they had me change my min number and it worked, hey it's worth a shot, i wouldn't give up yet!

It's not the ROM you guys. Go to VM's Facebook page and look at all of the comments if you don't believe me.

MANY people have lost 3G since their month restarted. Facebook, Twitter, and a few other things work but nothing else. If you're running any of the IHO ROMs your 3G icon will be there but remain grayed; stock ROM will show a 3G icon but you obviously won't be able to connect.

The problem has to do with Virgin's system update as explained in this thread:
WiFi, but no 3G - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Page 3 outlines the solution. Good luck getting someone competent to do it. Posts on VM's FB page discussing this solution are being deleted left and right and the reps are pretending that they don't exist.

Others have restarted their months with another top-up and got their 3G back. They're now trying to get their refund from Virgin...good luck with that.

They've really dropped the ball here and for some long-time customers this is the final straw...

I'm actually porting out once my new phone comes in because I've had enough of the BS from customer service (lack thereof). It's a shame because the latest MiRaGe has been smooth sailing and I got tired of flashing back to stock to run through the same BS "troubleshooting" steps which don't do anything.

My advice: Get past the clueless 1st tier people and escalate to someone higher up and insist they restart your month. Since they won't do it for me, I hope it will work out for you.

huh. what douchebags. I'll probably just wait out the month--i can get by with wifi, i guess, especially taking into account the considerable hassle involved with dealing with douchebag service.

Well, I'm out.

I still have no data and Virgin absolutely refuses to do anything for me except give me runaround. My unlocked phone arrived and I'm waiting for my T-Mo SIM to arrive so that I can finally port out.

I hate to retire my V because it's that awesome with MiRaGe, but there's no point in having a good phone with shoddy service.

:\

My service is back after letting it lapse a day then paying. I noticed there's a message on the VM page that says something like "if you're having problems with data, try turning your phone off and on again."

in any case, working here. woohoo! :D

Me to, my monthly plan ended on the 9th ,i went a day without service so i topped up on the 10th, everything working good.

What he said ^

Back
Top Bottom