• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3g signal strength

animal47

I was sat in a coffee shop earlier with the mrs and had no 3g signal although there was phone reception, the thing that bothers me is that the mrs s3 had a perfectly good 3g signal even though we are on the same network, how can this be, does the s3 do a better job.

Now that's a good question. I have an s3 and a note 2 sometimes the s3 will pick up a better signal but most of the time I think the note 2 does. It seems to depend on where I am and what may be causing interference.

It could be that you are both latching to 2 different sites. In a city centre there will be loads of micro cells on and in buildings. If one phone holds onto a signal better it may hold onto a site that's further away but the other phone may handover more willingly.

S.

In my room, my old S3 had one tower wifes phone in the same location had different towers with her Razr.

3 uk has been doing ota upgrades to fix internet issues. mines been iffy for a week now, in hull, but after the last update its perfect. settled down to 4mb connection up / down, sat in my house, where it used to be real iffy on my galaxy s1. they really improved it for me with the stability update.

Back
Top Bottom