• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A couple of browser questions

animal47

Is there a way of making the stock browser stay in desktop mode rather than keep switching to mobile every time you open a new window.
Even though i have the auto fit option ticked it never works and every new page is always displayed way too big, anyone else getting this.

Is there a way of making the stock browser stay in desktop mode rather than keep switching to mobile every time you open a new window.
Even though i have the auto fit option ticked it never works and every new page is always displayed way too big, anyone else getting this.

In Chrome, there is a "Request Desktop Site" check box in the menu. But I find that sometimes it unchecks, possibly after every restart. Idk about the stock browser though.

Yep same here. i have to resize every page.

This concerns me quite a bit.. I detest mobile sites and although I know I can certainly use a different browser, the lack of polish on some very basic software issues is a little unnerving.

The default on THIS device, above all others, should be desktop!

Dolphin browser will allow you to keep it on "desktop" and has tons of settings that allows you to set up Dolphin how you like.

I've been using Boat browser which also allows you to keep it on "desktop", and it is a little faster, smaller footprint, and less resources than Dolphin.

Dolphin browser will allow you to keep it on "desktop" and has tons of settings that allows you to set up Dolphin how you like.

I've been using Boat browser which also allows you to keep it on "desktop", and it is a little faster, smaller footprint, and less resources than Dolphin.

Thanks for the suggestion Bone, I'll have to try Dolphin again and see if I like it any better than I used to.

And now off to go search for info on Boat, too.

I had to get rid of Dolphin because it would constantly slow my phone to a crawl. I may give it another try in the distant future. Right now, stock browser meets my needs for what I use it for.

I had to get rid of Dolphin because it would constantly slow my phone to a crawl. I may give it another try in the distant future. Right now, stock browser meets my needs for what I use it for.

Ive just un installed dolphin coz found it unstable, crashing when switching from portriat to landscape mode (it closed down) stock browser for me as found its working with the adobe flash i installed last night. :D

I guess it depends on OS version, but on my Droid Razr Maxx running Full Throttle JB AOKP ROM, when I tap browser > menu > settings > advanced > user agent....I can choose desktop. All sites that do not "force" mobile version will open in full desktop mode....

Back
Top Bottom