• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A Few Question AND a Battery Problem Solution

lordpuffer

I have a few questions about the Droid Pro that I cannot figure out. I also found a solution to any battery life issues. First the questions:

1. When you are texting a long text, the top part of the text dissapears in the text box. How to you move the cursor up towards the beginning of the text?

2. How do you access more symbols than the ones that show when you hit the SYM Bar?

3. When using the Alarm that comes with the phone, its volume is very low. I cannot find a way to make it louder. Does anyone know how?

Battery Life Solution

When I first got the phone a few days ago, my battery was only lasting about 8 hours just on standby. I called Motorola, and asked them for a solution. Two different Techs told me that when you get the phone, the first time you charge the battery it should be for about 12-15 hours while the phone is off. I didn't think that you had to do this with a smart phone. They told me that since I have had the phone for a few days, and charged it to 100% about 4 times, to wait until it gets down to 15% or below, and turn it off and charge it for about 4 hours.

I did this, and now it lasts for almost 2 days! Maybe some of you already know this, however, I thought I would post it.

Ok lord puff, lets see if i can answer some of your questions since youve done a very good job on the battery issue:

1. Texting: to view your text you have to hold your finger down in the small text box and scroll up and down while holding your finger down in the text box, (Kind of like a scrolling widget within the text message)

2. Dont know how to get more symbols sorry.

3. Alarm volume -phone settings menu-sound-volume. should be a third bar for alarm volume.

sorrry i couldnt be of more assistance thanks again.

hi, lordpuff,

I just got a Droid pro. I am interest on your method that extend battery life. For your second method, how many times does the battery need to be charged to 100% before I turn off mobile and charge for additional 4 hours?

Many thanks for your help.

hi, lordpuff,

I just got a Droid pro. I am interest on your method that extend battery life. For your second method, how many times does the battery need to be charged to 100% before I turn off mobile and charge for additional 4 hours?

Many thanks for your help.
Sorry, I just saw your post....Just let it run down real low, and if you have already charged it a few times, charge it for about 4 hours (while the phone is off) like I did and that should get more battery life out of it. Please post again if that does not help, for I may have another solution for you.:)

Sorry, I just saw your post....Just let it run down real low, and if you have already charged it a few times, charge it for about 4 hours (while the phone is off) like I did and that should get more battery life out of it. Please post again if that does not help, for I may have another solution for you.:)

I did this the second day I had my phone. Saw on another forum that I should let the battery run down completely then charge the phone (while it was off) fully. After one hour, in which I sent a few text messages, scrolled through Facebook briefly and talked for less than 10 minutes on a call, I had used 10% of my battery life. I always close out of all apps after I use the phone, and because my display seemed to be sucking up most of the energy, I adjusted the brightness and set the timeout to 15 seconds. Today, it's been about 6 hours on a full battery, and I only have 60% battery life left. Sent about 2 dozen texts, looked at a couple of emails, scrolled through FB posts, etc. Used no other apps. This is my first smartphone and I'm not convinced that I really need one (my 24-yr old son thought otherwise and talked me into it).

Back