• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A Plea for Help

Hello wonderful people of Android Forums. I have come with a problem (of course) that has been testing my sanity for the greater part of a day now. Yesterday, my phone's buttons would not turn off completely after locking my phone. The backlight would go off but there was still a dim light. I had been wanting to try out a new ROM and figured it would help with this problem as well. Good, right?

Well I screwed it up. I had been using the Katana ROM for some time and wanted to upgrade to the Samurai one. But before doing that I decided to try out the MIUI one. Bad idea. I screwed it up somehow. The ROM boots up well enough. It's not really for me, but it works. Another problem is that I only have the Google voice typing. It doesn't work very well and drove me insane for a while. So I was just gonna flash the Samurai ROM and get it over with. The recovery doesn't work. It lets me factory reset by pressing the power and volume down button, but won't let me flash. If I use an app to boot into recovery, it'll just very briefly show an error message on the top third of the screen and reboot. I still have superuser though, so I'm guessing I'm still rooted.

I have since managed to make a new google account for the only thing voice typing recognizes and gotten a keyboard. But every time I try to reboot into recovery, it factory resets and I have to do it all over again. Lucky for me, I can just log in and try again.

But please, beautiful people of the forums, help a dumb kid out. I'm gonna go to bed now, but I will respond in about eight hours.

If it were me, I would unbrick, reroot, reinstall recovery, then install Samuri v3 and be done in less than a hour.
All these things are in the " Stickys" at the top of the forums. This should fix you up.
If the phone Still has any problems just unbrick again and do a warranty exchange with lg or try a metro store visit only as the last Hope.

Good luck.

If it were me, I would unbrick, reroot, reinstall recovery, then install Samuri v3 and be done in less than a hour.
All these things are in the " Stickys" at the top of the forums. This should fix you up.
If the phone Still has any problems just unbrick again and do a warranty exchange with lg or try a metro store visit only as the last Hope.

Good luck.

Oh I must have forgotten to mention that. I tried it last night. My computer was making the usb connected/disconnected sound every thirty seconds or so and the program would say phone not found. Tried three separate cables (one brand new) and it did the same thing. Windows 8 64bit if it matters.

Oh I must have forgotten to mention that. I tried it last night. My computer was making the usb connected/disconnected sound every thirty seconds or so and the program would say phone not found. Tried three separate cables (one brand new) and it did the same thing. Windows 8 64bit if it matters.

I don't think using win 8 helps that might be the problem idk you could always download pgs cwm or flash from ROM manager (yes it works tested by me several times) and try flashing the ROM you choose with that and by flashing pgs cwm it must be done with the 2nd-int recovery report back and tell me what that does ;)

I don't think using win 8 helps that might be the problem idk you could always download pgs cwm or flash from ROM manager (yes it works tested by me several times) and try flashing the ROM you choose with that and by flashing pgs cwm it must be done with the 2nd-int recovery report back and tell me what that does ;)

Oh my god, I love you. <3

probably not installing drivers correctly. check in device manager. uninstall it then reinstall drivers.

Back
Top Bottom