• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Adt plugin not working in Eclipse

Thebat

Lurker
Aug 29, 2012
I'm trying to install the components for developing Android apps on my Mac with Leopard osx 10.5.8. Since i use an outdated version of Eclipse "Ganymede" i have decided to upgrade to 32bit Indigo, i have downloaded the SDK and installed the recomended components with Android manager as explained, this in the Applications directory (where Eclipse is also installed), then i have downloaded the ADT plugin for eclipse successfully, Eclipse asked me to restart and so i did, but when after the restart, i click on Eclipse > Preferences..... i dont see the Android directory, when i create a new project, even under 'Other' there is no Android option, though if i display the installed plugin i see the Android ADT plugin listed I dont think it is a SDK issue, i think the ADT plug in its the cause of the malfunction, but i would not know where to check this since it is correclty installed.
Do you have any advice? the web unfortunately does not provide very useful tips.
Thx

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones