• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Always on indicator lights. No other power

Grayrage

Heyas guys, I dropped my phone in the toilet and it came out sputtering with no screen on. The indicator lights were the only thing on. I took out the battery and dried it out but as soon as I put the battery in the indicator lights turn on but nothing else will happen.

Thoughts? Later today I am going to try and take the eleven little screws off and see if it's wet inside.

hope you got the insurance on it. If so don't open it up. you'll void the insurance.

also that's what you get for taking selfies in the bathroom mirror.:p

I did the hard reset (power+up and down volume) and a screen came up to not disconnect while uploading. Thoughts?

that means your screen is working. that's good. did you have your phone plugged into a computer when you did that? have you tried doing the unbrick method on it? http://androidforums.com/spirit-4g-...ricking-unroot-return-stock-lg-spirit-4g.html

I had it on USB power instead of the battery when I did that. I was worried I would mess it up worse so did not do anything else. Have it sitting in a bag of rice right now.

Going to read the article you linked right now. Thanks!

That worked. It powers on and works but the three indicator lights (home, back and settings) are always brightly lit. The power button does not put the phone on standby either and seems to struggle turning it off. gonna put it back in the rice bag )

That worked. It powers on and works but the three indicator lights (home, back and settings) are always brightly lit. The power button does not put the phone on standby either and seems to struggle turning it off. gonna put it back in the rice bag )

if you go into settings/display scroll down you'll see "front key light" change those settings to what you prefer. than go into settings/lock screen. and make sure that "power button instantly locks" is checked

if you go into settings/display scroll down you'll see "front key light" change those settings to what you prefer. than go into settings/lock screen. and make sure that "power button instantly locks" is checked

Aye, checked those and they were already set that way. I guess the dunking has made it weird.

This happen to me a few years ago. Once I opened the phone and cleaned the white powdery substance that the water forms on the PCB, the phone worked perfectly again.

Also if you don't open it to dry it with something like a paper towel, it can remain wet inside for up to a week or even more. After that point is when the powdery substance forms on the PCB if the water is not hand dried.

Anyways, that's my experience with this which may not be the same for you.

Well, I have the phone up and running but the WiFI does not work, the speakers do not work (have to use an earpiece) and the front indicator lights are always on no matter what I do to try and turn them off (huge battery drain).

Anyone have any ideas on what might fix any or all of these problems? :) Thanx much in advance for your suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom