• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root AMON RA 2.3 to AMON RA 3.14

jl79

Android Enthusiast
I can't for the life of me find or figure out how to upgrade from AMON RA 2.3 to AMON RA 3.14. I have downloaded the "recovery-ra-vigor-3.14-gnm.img" file but when I follow the steps using terminal emulator to flash it I keep getting "command not found"...what am I doing wrong? Id there an easier way to upgrade?

I can't for the life of me find or figure out how to upgrade from AMON RA 2.3 to AMON RA 3.14. I have downloaded the "recovery-ra-vigor-3.14-gnm.img" file but when I follow the steps using terminal emulator to flash it I keep getting "command not found"...what am I doing wrong? Id there an easier way to upgrade?

Try and download the AmonRA 2.3 file, unzip it, replace the .img file with the one you have, rezip it and flash it. I had to do that with 3.11 when it came out. Might go to 3.14. I was not aware it was out.

Are you certain it is for the Evo?

Try and download the AmonRA 2.3 file, unzip it, replace the .img file with the one you have, rezip it and flash it. I had to do that with 3.11 when it came out. Might go to 3.14. I was not aware it was out.

So basically once I replace the .img file within the .zip, just flash it like I flash a new ROM with my current AMON RA?

So basically once I replace the .img file within the .zip, just flash it like I flash a new ROM with my current AMON RA?

I just looked at the file name in your first post.....that file is for the vigor and may not work on the Evo. 3.11 is the most recent that I am aware of. You can find it here if you want to use that.

You would need to flash it just like you did to get Amon RA 2.3 through hboot. Give me a few and I will upload the one I used to my dropbox and post the link for it.

Download this, rename it exactly PC36IMG and put it on the root of your sdcard. Reboot to the bootloader and it should find the file. Tell it to update and when done, don't reboot but select recovery.

I just looked at the file name in your first post.....that file is for the vigor and may not work on the Evo. 3.11 is the most recent that I am aware of. You can find it here if you want to use that.

Oh okay...I see now, I thought that was just the name for it.

Download this, rename it exactly PC36IMG and put it on the root of your sdcard. Reboot to the bootloader and it should find the file. Tell it to update and when done, don't reboot but select recovery.

This worked perfectly...thank you for all your help!

I would highly suggest staying with the 2.3 version. The others have issues... for some.

Worked fine for me but I went back to 2.3

I have been using this recovery for approx 2 months with no issues. I have not tried the compressed backups so there may be issues with that. I have had no issues with wiping or flashing. I probably do as much flashing as most flash-aholics do when I am testing my themes. There may be some that have had issues with this recovery but I personally have not. As with anything in rooting, use at your own risk and your results may vary.

:D:D:D

I have been using 3.08 for a good while myself. I haven't had any problems either.

I don't care anything about compressing the nands. I really like the capacitive buttons though!

I use 3.11 I did have an issue once and it was with a compressed backup but I did a cache and dalvic wipe and everything was fine then.

I still believe using 3.11 is saving my volume rocker and power button. I rather have a bad restore than have to take my phone in for service.

You would need to flash it just like you did to get Amon RA 2.3 through hboot. Give me a few and I will upload the one I used to my dropbox and post the link for it.

I realize this a few months old but I dl'd your file and have tried flashing but I'm getting an error stating "Can't find update script...Installation aborted".

What's happenin' here! :confused:

I have a qualcomm mobile model evolution A500, indonesian purchased, First SIM Locked, any ideas to get my phone's both SIM working in India,

Android 2.3.4
Kernel ver 2.6.35.11-perf+
Build W862_TIPD_1.0.2.6_111209.
Phone is rooted.

Awaiting your valuable advice.

Thanks

I have a qualcomm mobile model evolution A500, indonesian purchased, First SIM Locked, any ideas to get my phone's both SIM working in India,

Android 2.3.4
Kernel ver 2.6.35.11-perf+
Build W862_TIPD_1.0.2.6_111209.
Phone is rooted.

Awaiting your valuable advice.

Thanks

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well i'm not really sure why you choose this thread to post, but this is an evo 4g forum. i have never heard of this phone before and we do not have a forum dedicated to this phone.

this phone is gsm which is very different from cdma which is what the evo 4g is.

you will have to either call the carriers in India and see if they can get it to activate or you will have to find somebody who offers that kind of service.

sorry i can't be of much help, but good luck.

I don't blame you! :D

Is that kinda like the old adage: " leave well enough alone"?

i sure know that one but wonder why i don't become hard nosed about it and continue to take chances hitting myself in the head every-time i do.
Wait a minute. Maybe THIS is one of the reasons i've been getting headaches! Hmmm:confused:

Back
Top Bottom