• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help An FM transmitter/car charger combo for this phone?

I love Pandora, and want to get it in my car. Unfortunately my stereo has no plug in, so I'd need an fm transmitter. Does anyone know of any decent ones that also charge the phone?

Before making this topic I looked around other topics and found this

Amazon.com: Griffin iTrip Auto Universal Plus FM Transmitter for Portable MP3 Players (2010 Packaging): Electronics

Any opinions on this? Now, I already have Sirius radio through an fm transmitter so I'm already used to "not perfect" audio, its still good enough for me. But I figure if i can get free Pandora in my car, plus all the podcasts I now listen to I can drop Sirius.

I love Pandora, and want to get it in my car. Unfortunately my stereo has no plug in, so I'd need an fm transmitter. Does anyone know of any decent ones that also charge the phone?

Before making this topic I looked around other topics and found this

Amazon.com: Griffin iTrip Auto Universal Plus FM Transmitter for Portable MP3 Players (2010 Packaging): Electronics

Any opinions on this? Now, I already have Sirius radio through an fm transmitter so I'm already used to "not perfect" audio, its still good enough for me. But I figure if i can get free Pandora in my car, plus all the podcasts I now listen to I can drop Sirius.

That doesn't charge the phone, unfortunately. The 12V socket is to power the transmitter.

Now, it's a top notch unit, IMO. I used one for about 6 months or so. I learned you should pull it from the socket before turning on the car.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones