• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Android Tutorials

Hey guys,

I've been using a Development software for a while to develop apps and games. And now I've decided to move away from it in favor of programming it all by hand. I used to only have to worry about the gameplay programming itself but now I want to have to worry about sprites, audio and such. You know, a bigger challenge! That's why I've decided my RPG series will be the last thing to be developed by software.

So I've picked up a book to run me through the Android App development basics but I don't think it's a very good book.

So I thought I would ask here. Can anyone recommend some very good beginner/intermediate tutorials for developing Android Apps? If it helps, I'm using Eclipse :)

With the speed of android development and OS updates, any book is out of date as soon as it is printed. So online tutorials are the way to go.

A little bit out of date, fragment managers etc, but that is all part of the learning process
List of Videos for Android Application Development

Also a good resource, but you need to know a bit about coding before you can make full use of it.
Android Development

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones