• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any new roms?

F4280

Have anybody found or made any new roms because i want to try something different?

If somebody can show me the way i would gladly start making my own custom roms because this phone needs them like its other sister phones (optimus t,v,s,m)

It feels like the Vortex is a bit neglected. :( I do have good news, I found a gingerbread rom for one of the sister phones of the Vortex, and it actually runs. YES, 2.3.3 ON A VORTEX! The problem is that the phone is looking for Sprint. And I have edited the build-prop file to correct the problem, but now it seems there is some other element in the ROM that is still looking for sprint. It says "roaming indicator on" on the status bar. Anyhoo, here is the ROM post...

Over at android central...

I am working with a friend to try and work out the connection problem. If I get anywhere I'll post my progress...

----
heydigdug(at)gmail(dot)com

That sounds good :D to actually have 2.3 on a vortex. Im wishing you the best of luck an your friend. So hopefully you can complete this task. I want to test it when you reach a beta or something.:)

Back
Top Bottom