• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any roms out there for CLIQ???

qlic714

First post:D....Ive been interested in rooting my phone but i cant seem to fnd any roms out there for the cliq or im just looking in all the wrong places..can anyone confirm if there is any outhere???
And one more question....will motoblur be wiped from the phone if i managed to jailbreak it..thnx

Yeah, mine is rooted and running demoshadow dev team's 1.0 rom. Still motoblur with no bloatware, ie Amazon mp3, telena, etc. It also includes wireless tether for Cliq! Head over to Modmymoto.com and check it out!

thnx man...im alittle lost but how do but how do install the the rom on your phone??are there any videos that take you by the hand
do you have some pics or is it running the same UI

Well first off your phone has to be rooted. This can be done by "the dudes" root method. You will flash a custom recovery which will allow you to flash new roms, etc. You can find all the info on modmymoto under the cliq android development section. The rom looks like the stock rom but removes some apps and adds root and wifi tether, etc. People use mesomorph to add themes like on the g1 and mytouch. I haven't really bothered yet. There is also a tutorial on that. Hope this gets you started:D

if you root and put roms in this phone, how would it affect motoblur??? I have never done anything like this on my phone before but I am very interested.

Back
Top Bottom