• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

APN for LG Xpression

I really need help :( I've went thru every forum I can find and I still can't find the APN settings for my phone. I have the $35 unlimited talk/text plan thru Net10. I have an awesome phone for me. LG Xpression. But of course, like so many others, I can't send or receive picture messages. When someone does send me a picture message, I receive a text with a link that I then have to forward to my email, go to my computer, log into my email, then click the link to the image. Its a real pain. Plus not being able to send pictures sucks. But I can't figure out the settings or even where to enter them. Here's what I can find though:

Menu, Connection, Access Points, New Profile: (these are the entries that can be made)
Access Point Name:
Authentication:
APN:
That's it.. Nothing else can be entered there.

Then for the Internet Profiles (I don't know if they matter because I can't use Internet with my plan anyway. But my Unlimited Talk/Text is supposed to include picture messages)

Menu, Connection, Internet Profiles, New Profile: (there are the entries that can be made)
Profile Name:
Use Proxy: On/Off
Proxy Address:
Proxy Port Number:
Access Point: (this gives you the option to choose your access point from the previous setting)

Can anyone help me? :(

I really need help :( I've went thru every forum I can find and I still can't find the APN settings for my phone. I have the $35 unlimited talk/text plan thru Net10. I have an awesome phone for me. LG Xpression. But of course, like so many others, I can't send or receive picture messages. When someone does send me a picture message, I receive a text with a link that I then have to forward to my email, go to my computer, log into my email, then click the link to the image. Its a real pain. Plus not being able to send pictures sucks. But I can't figure out the settings or even where to enter them. Here's what I can find though:

Menu, Connection, Access Points, New Profile: (these are the entries that can be made)
Access Point Name:
Authentication:
APN:
That's it.. Nothing else can be entered there.

Then for the Internet Profiles (I don't know if they matter because I can't use Internet with my plan anyway. But my Unlimited Talk/Text is supposed to include picture messages)

Menu, Connection, Internet Profiles, New Profile: (there are the entries that can be made)
Profile Name:
Use Proxy: On/Off
Proxy Address:
Proxy Port Number:
Access Point: (this gives you the option to choose your access point from the previous setting)

Can anyone help me? :(

I signed up just to agree with you. I bought an Xpression 2 (LGC410) and you're exactly right. There IS NO WAY to set this phone up to run on Straight Talk's network. I've done everything I know to figure this out. I was thinking that there's something about our phones firmware that doesn't include these setting's, but I haven't found anything to substantiate that.
Nice phone but what good is it if it doesn't work?

there is a way! fear not! you need to go settings, apps, then either browser or messaging depending on what you are trying to set, either accounts for browser or multimedia message from messaging then message center.... it worked for me! :)

Back
Top Bottom