• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App Growing, Sapping Internal Memory?

Tek34

Nov 19, 2009
Chicago
Is it possible for an app to grow or continue to use up internal memory as you use it??? I installed a new Android/Facebook app named Dungeon Quest less than a day ago. Since then I have use this app on and off but I have noticed that gradually my phones internal memory has been growing (from 231mb used to 240mb)! I haven't made any of My space is now getting critical.

Is there anyway short of rooting to reclaim this space? This seems to be a buggy app. I'm wondering if its got some kind of error log file growing in my internal memory area???

The app is probably storing cache.

menu-setting-applications-manage apps- scroll down to "? app name ?" -clear cache.

The market, browser and a few other apps do this and suck up phone storage space. That in turn slows down your phone.

+1, Thanks Kab, that did the trick. 7MB freed last night. Another 3.5MB freed from the cache this morning from the same app this morning. After clearing its cache I hardly noticed any speed degradation. This app sucks up cache space without need.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones