• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ATT and VZW Note3 devices will not keep WiFi signal?

stanw

Aug 5, 2010
Recently, my Verizon Note3 and my wife's ATT Note3 are CONSTANTLY dropping our WiFi connection, making it almost unusable.

I tried my iPad and it seems to be fine, and so is my iMac via WiFi.

We rebooted the phones and it has not helped. This was not a problem before. Any idea why two separate Note3 devices from two different carriers might suddenly have a hard time keeping a WiFi connection?

Thanks.

Recently, my Verizon Note3 and my wife's ATT Note3 are CONSTANTLY dropping our WiFi connection, making it almost unusable.

We rebooted the phones and it has not helped. This was not a problem before. Any idea why two separate Note3 devices from two different carriers might suddenly have a hard time keeping a WiFi connection?

Thanks.
These issues are almost always caused by your router/wireless access point, and it doesn't matter whether other devices work ok or not, because they've likely not tried to get an IP address from the router for days/weeks.

Reboot router, check for firmware update etc.

Change wifi channel, especially if it uses channel 6, the default on most routers.

Does wifi work at other locations? Another indicator.

Reactions: stanw
Upvote 0

Thanks.

Per joshica over on the GS4 forum, try this:
Go into wifi settings and click on Menu, Advance Settings and uncheck the Auto Network Switch.
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/810313-terrible-wifi-since-4-3-a.html#post6349321

Let us know if that helps.

Reactions: stanw
Upvote 0
Per joshica over on the GS4 forum, try this:
Go into wifi settings and click on Menu, Advance Settings and uncheck the Auto Network Switch.
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/810313-terrible-wifi-since-4-3-a.html#post6349321

Let us know if that helps.

This helped somewhat, though the connectivity on both Note3 devices is still terrible, while I am able to use my iPad, Macbook Pro, and iMac and stream video to my AppleTV. It is very strange. I also just updated the Verizon Note3 with Verizon's new update, and that didn't seem to help. It all seemed to start around the time I received a notification that there was an update for the Verizon device, though I'm sure it is just a coincidence.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones