• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Autism help (App for cycling between media files)

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are trying to achieve but have you looked into Tasker variables and flow control tasks?

You could loop n times by having an action that sets the variable to n, then decrement it each time the video runs and have an if condition to test the variable value before the video is run.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much! I'm sorry that it took me such a long time to get back to you but your help is very appreciated.

I'll have to look into how variables work but I think this will help in that regard: Tasker: Flow Control
If I can figure it out it could very well solve my current problems!

Edit:
This is what I've come up with so far (if anyone else need to do something similar):
1) Variable Set
Name %COUNT To 0
2) Open File
File DCIM/100MEDIA/VIDEO.3gp
3) Wait
MS 0 Seconds 5 Minutes 0 Hours 0 *
4) Variable Add
Name %COUNT Value 1
5) Goto
Type Action Number Number 2
If %COUNT < 2
6) Open File
File DCIM/100MEDIA/IMG.jpg

*(NB: The Wait command is 2 seconds longer than the video. This seems to work the best).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones