• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Automatic Brightness not adjusting

twondog22

Dec 11, 2009
coming out of standby my phones brightness is always very bright and not dimmed appropriately... any1 else experiencing this????

i go to the display options in the settings and uncheck then recheck automatic brightness and the screen dims appropriately ....but once i turn the screen off and back on the problem returns

The auto-brightness on my 2.1 Hero appears to do SOMETHING. It almost looks like it does a one-time change to brightness, but then doesn't adjust in response to lighting changes after that.

Perhaps they turned down the rate of adjustment? I remember it used to adjust all over the place under 1.5...a little TOO much if I remember correctly.

That's why we need a more exhaustive list of every change they made that what's been let out so far...so we can distinguish what's a bug and what's a "new" feature.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones