• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Batteries: Who To Trust?

Buying batteries from the OEM who makes the device will always be the most reliable. After that, Seido and Mugen tend to be the most popular (but also expensive). I bought a Hyperion for my gnex while I was using it. The first one they gave me was a dud, so I contacted them via amazon (where I purchased it) and they sent me out another one free of charge and that one worked beautifully.

Upvote 0
I did more research, and the Anker batteries appear to get generally good reviews.

Jim

Anker, Mugen and Seidio are probably the top 3 "brand" name phones.

I, personally, have bought the cheap "Hong kong" batteries and carry an extra w/me because I don't mind changing batteries. Plus, when I charge the batteries in the external charger, they tend to charge better. (I have done this with 4 different phones so YMMV). Some don't like the Hong Kong batteries and it is understandable.

I recently bought mine for $10 (2 batts and 1 ext charger)

Reactions: The_Ty
Upvote 0
Well, after much research and deliberation, I decided to give the Anker 1900mAh battery a try. I'll let ya'll know how it works out.

Thanks for the feedback, everybody!

Jim

Good choice! :) As you can see from my sig link, I do a ton of reviews of various accessories in AF community, and can tell you with certainty all Anker stuff is top notch. Just like majority of other brands, they don't manufacturer their own stuff to stay competitive in pricing. But they search and select the best CH/HK products, test every single one to make sure it meets every standard, have very tight quality control, and sell every product with 18-month warranty they really stand behind (as reported by a lot of my readers). Also, great tech support.

I work with a lot of companies reviewing their products, and Anker is by at the top of their game. Hyperion is not bad either, I trust them. Mugen is great, but the problem is they design and manufacturer their own stuff which ends up costing arm'n'leg (ex. Note 2 extended batteries sold by everybody else for $20, Mugen sells for $105).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones