• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Battery Saving Help :x

ElementalX is a great kernel to try out and I was using that previously to using Franco.
Just remember that it can take a couple days for the kernel to settle in, so give it some time.
I've also noticed that personally for me that while I was running the latest DU official 8.1 build and the previous Test build with Franco r63, I was getting massive battery drain for whatever reason, (never had a chance to narrowed it down to what the culprit was) so I just reflashed the DU 8.1 build and just used Josh's kernel included in the DU ROM and my battery life has improved tremendously since then as well as SOT.
I'm not sure if it was due to r63 and it not being updated in a while or what but since switching from r63 to DU kernel I'm definitely not experiencing near the battery drain that I was before. :thumbup:

Reactions: biggiephil
Upvote 0
Almost made it to 3 hrs of sot with just half the battery.
Had GPS on (battery saver)
Had google hotword detection on always when screen is on
Running on elementalx still

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414449819688.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414449819688.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 68
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414449841754.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414449841754.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones