• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery went from full charge to 8% in 6 hours... wtf?

meissen

Seriously?

710822_10100348158080596_1861263821_n.jpg

Something is keeping your phone awake, you might what to try removing any recent applications you installed prior to this.

Your wifi was also on the whole time, so I would guess it's an app that needs to sync or access the internet.

If this after a firmware update you might need a factory reset, firmware updates don't always go smoothly.

Can we see the other battery screen? so we can see what apps have been active?

Looks like you have a wakelock issue there.
What does your usage screen indicate?

I pulled the battery out and put it back in just as a troubleshooting idea. Doesn't seem to have changed it much.

Android OS - 20%
Maps - 14% (I don't know why Maps is using so much... it's not open when I hold down the Home screen and I used the Advanced Task Killer or whatever to kill all apps. I tried clicking on it and clicking Force Stop but that never does anything anyway and it's no different this time either, remains 14%)
Screen - 11%
Android System - 9%
Device Idle - 8%
Cell Standby - 7%
com.sec.android.sCloudSync - 6%
Lookout - 6%
sdcard - 4%
Samsung Cloud Data Relay - 3%

Something is keeping your phone awake, you might what to try removing any recent applications you installed prior to this.

Your wifi was also on the whole time, so I would guess it's an app that needs to sync or access the internet.

If this after a firmware update you might need a factory reset, firmware updates don't always go smoothly.

Can we see the other battery screen? so we can see what apps have been active?

That's what's REALLY weird -- I have wifi turned off... I noticed that it showed as if Wifi was on which is really confusing to me.

I haven't done any firmware upgrades in the past week, nor any app downloads either. All weekend it worked perfectly fine without any battery issues -- left it unplugged quite a bit without the battery draining this quickly.

Sacrificing having another app running constantly, is there any apps out there that will give you historical summary of what apps were causing the phone to be awake?

Looking at the screenshot it clearly shows Wifi is on in the top signal icon so I must have forgotten to turn it off over the weekend -- but still, it shouldn't have gone down this quick in 6 hours.

Here's what I see with the battery monitor app --

I thought it was interesting how the battery monitor app doesn't show the "Awake" as often as the factory/built-in Battery monitor shows:

711020_10100348203135306_1791628553_n.jpg

730685_10100348203549476_1647726119_n.jpg

fwiw, I had maps taking up alot of usage. So I went into menu/settings/location services and the only box I have checked, is "standalone gps services"
And in the map app, under location settings, I have nothing checked--no auto check in's, no location sharing, no location reporting, etc.

Edit: your ss made me think of this thread: (because of your media usage)
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/672027-battery-goes-down-quick.html#post5407094

Whoa android system is out of control.

I prefer betterbatterystats because many times it can actually identify what is causing the lock, but its a paid program so I understand I'd you don't want to purcha

I had GPS off already but I had the other two checkboxes checked in the System Location Services... I unchecked the box for getting GPS via wireless/mobile networks to see if that helps.

In Google Maps I unchecked all the checkboxes in the Google Maps Location settings.

thats insane! no videos, gaming, anything?

im currently on battery for over 7 hours at 77%. most i've done is play chaos rings for an hour or so. if i combine that with video watching i'll get around 6-7 hours if im doing that all day.

for the most part it doesnt seem like this phone gets any better battery life than my LG motion did.

try uninstalling and reinstalling Maps

also, uninstall ATK - it could be killing an app that restarts, and then ATK kills it, only to have it restart...

I'm not sure what the root cause was, but it was perfectly fine in the evening and today so far the battery is keeping charge perfectly fine. Really effin weird.

try uninstalling and reinstalling Maps

also, uninstall ATK - it could be killing an app that restarts, and then ATK kills it, only to have it restart...

No one recommends task killers except the people who make them. I have had lite flow free chew up my battery when I tried to use it and then today Open Signal Maps was absolutely insane.

You could try the check that you wake up command is un ticked in s voice
open s voice-settings-scroll down to wake up command

And how is your sd card? I've read from many users that phone can consume huge amounts of battery when constantly remounting sd card in the background which you might not have even noticed yet. Try removing it for one charge, to be sure. I am obviously becoming obsessed with sd card issue... :)

Back
Top Bottom