• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best free Launcher Software for 2.1?

I went from Launcher Pro Plus to Go Launcher.

I think Go Launcher uses up more battery than LPP, but otherwise, I like it a lot. LPP was behaving oddly with some of my Tasker profiles.
+1 on this. I went from LPP to ADW EX, but that was real laggy (for my phone anyway). I am now using Go and love it.

I say download the free versions of both (and also a Home Switcher) and test it out for yourself. There is no right answer except for what you prefer.

Upvote 0
One word of advice, always either remove unused launchers or at least remove any widgets on the unused launcher. Many widgets continue to run in the background draining resources even when the launcher is not running.

Thanks! I knew to do that.

Do you know what happens if I uninstall my paid LPP app? Will I have to pay again if I should want to reinstall it in the future?

That's the only reason I haven't uninstalled it. Didn't want to lose the money I spent in case I go back to it :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones