• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best price/performance gaming phone?

A

Android Question

Greetings.
So it's soon my birthday and I'm thinking of replacing my good old ZTE Blade phone for a new one.
And I'm looking for a budget device mostly for gaming and emulating. Is there a website with performance listings or something?
I used THIS website to check GPU Gflops but they don't really matter that much since some phones were stuttering on games like vice city.

So these are the phones I'm looking in to since they're cheap and they have great hardware.
The pricing like this is in Lithuania so the phone might be cheaper on your country.
They might look very cheap to you but here minimum monthly wage is 260 euros.

Gigabyte Gsmart Akta A4. ( 129,99€ )
  • Display 540 x 960
  • Chipset Mediatek MT6592
  • CPU Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A7
  • GPU Mali-450MP4
  • MEMORY Internal 8 GB, 1 GB RAM
  • BATTERY Li-Ion 1800 mAh battery

LG E975 Optimus G ( 227,35 € )
  • Display 768 x 1280 pixels
  • Chipset Qualcomm MDM9615/APQ8064
  • CPU Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait
  • GPU Adreno 320
  • MEMORY 32 GB (25 GB user available), 2 GB RAM
  • BATTERY Non-removable Li-Po 2100 mAh battery

LG G2 ( 269,00 € )
  • Display 1080 x 1920 pixels
  • Chipset Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800
  • CPU Quad-core 2.26 GHz Krait 400
  • GPU Adreno 330
  • MEMORY 16/32 GB, 2 GB RAM
  • BATTERY Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery

Nexus 5 here costs whopping 356.23 € and it's the cheapest I found. It goes for 400 average.
So what would you recommend out of these 3?
And most importantly, do you know any other budget gaming phones with great performance?
I think 1080P display is too much it takes too much power out of the GPU and most games don't have an option to change render resolution.
The best spot for it would be 720P at most.
I want to play graphically intensive games like GTA San Andreas and emulate Nintendo DS and etc.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones