• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blank Screen No Power Button

all_799

Lurker
I have a VM670 and the power button is broken so I use my charger to turn it on but ever since I downloaded a new app my screen has gone blank. I have removed the battery several times and nothing I can think of works. My phone is not rooted, please help!!

Do you know what version it is. There are 3 baseband versions.
ZV4 or 2.2.1 OS
ZV5 or 2.2.2 OS
ZV9 or ?
There are also two different screen versions.
Novatek
Hitachi
The Novatek screen was used in all ZV4 and early ZV5 baseband models
The Hitachi screen was used in later ZV5 and all ZV9 baseband models

Do you have the Android SDK installed on your computer?
Do you know how to get into your stock recovery?

What we might need to do is flash the ZV9 update zip from your stock recovery. Then root and install a custom recovery and ROM. I'll need to do some research and see if we can remap your hard keys so power on/off is done with the search button.

I have no idea about any of that, I was given this phone and it was working fine until i got a new app. All I have done with muy computer is download something so it will reconize my phone but it wont let me veiw the files on the phone no matter what removable drive I have the USB cord in.

Go to the All Things Root Guide sticky. Go to Direct Downloads. Download and install the LG USB drivers. Right after they install (leave phone unplugged), restart computer. Then finish install by plugging in computer.

Go to Tools AND Utilities. Download and install the Java jdk. Write down the Path to the java.exe. Mine was C:/Program Files/Java/jdk-1.6u45/bin.

Go to Tools AND Utilities. ADB. Alternative Method. Follow directions. Click on last link for instructions on how to set the path manually. Mine was C:/SDK/platform-tools.

Instead of just setting path to adb.exe, your going to set the "Class Path" to the java.exe as well. While in the environmental variables, in the same box you scolled to find the Path, scroll to find the Class Path. Write down the current path and then totally delete. Now put in path to java.exe you wrote down earlier. Make sure to put the " before and after.

Go to Tools AND Utilities. Droid@Screen. Download and put on desktop. Open up. You will be given a setup box. Click on the little folder. Go to C:/ drive, click open. Go to SDK, click open. Go to platform-tools, click open. Go to adb.exe, click open. Exit setup. You should now see a box pop up thats black inside.Exit both boxes.

When done let me know.

Sure doesn't.
Will make a prepackaged SDK.zip and upload to Dropbox account with a readme.txt to help to configure properly. Give me till sometime tomorrow, should have time by then. Will post link as soon as ready.

Didn't forget about you. Today hopefully if 3G is good enough to upload file.

Back
Top Bottom