• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bliss pop not working on my Nexus 6

So I've rooted and been trying to find a good ROM to stay with and so far after lots of trial and error I have settled on dirty unicorn. Its a really nice ROM to play with. Wish it was a little more stable. I want to try bliss pop for my nexus 6 but everytime I flash it gets stuck in a boot loop. Just the bliss pop splash screen. I have to go into recovery and recover every time I try this. Any ideas

What are your flashing steps? Knowing what you are doing can help us provide the answer
Download bliss pop. Download gapps. Saved to internal SD card. Boot to twerp recovery. Factory reset and wipe delvik. Flash ROM. Flash gapps. I did actually get it to run when I flashed a custom kernel for it. And if anybody is interest wug's tool kit for the nexus is the greatest program I've encountered.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
yea the 6-2-2015 update for this rom is for lack of a better word "****ed" i flashed the blisspop rom about a week ago, ive been loving it. what ive been hating is there has been an update every day, sometimes 2 a day, then on 6-2-2015 i noticed another update, and since it was an update i just did a normal "dirty install", same issue stuck in bootloop, had to reflash the back up i made from the week prior 5-26-2015. i hope they fix it soon i noticed on the blisspop downloads the 6-2-2015 update they have listed is 16XX, but the one thats available through the rom itself is 14XX. im hoping it will be fixed soon because what they did with the app drawer on the 6-1-2015 update was really cool.

Upvote 0
oh shit, from now on use TWRP as your recovery, its amazing, easy and sooooo user friendly. yea blisspop is based off CM12 which makes it so nice but here check this out to get info on TWRP, AND a micro SD card w/reader for mobile phones, its awesome, i myself just snagged a dual drive with a micro usb on it from work, it works great, i put my back ups on there just incase anything messes up i have it all saved outside the nexus 6/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones