• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bottom speaker gets warm

I recently just got my Xperia Z3 which is a huge upgrade from my Xperia J!

I have been playing games that play sound constantly through the speakers and I put my finger on the bottom speaker to find that it is warm. When there is no sound, it quickly goes back to normal temperature.

It's not unbearably hot but seeing as this does not occur with the top speaker, I thought I'd post here.

Anyone else had a similar issue?

I have discovered more information. The warmth is coming below the display and above the bottom speaker. When putting a finger over it, it can be mistaken as the speaker being warm.

I can turn the volume down low, and it will be warm but as soon as the display goes off it will cool down.

After 30 minutes with the display on, it does heat up a fair bit but not quite hot to the touch. I dare not risk keeping it on for longer in case it causes any further damage.

Any one have any experiences like this or know what may be below the display and above the speaker?

This is a catch with water proof devices since less heat dissipation and more build up.

I can guess gaming on the device will get toasty. Not unique to this device or other unibody designs. iPhone gets toasty too.

Yeah I realised the CPU is located directly under the rear camera. That place is the norm for giving off heat but I previously have not felt it there due to having a case.

I'm still not sure if warmth coming from below the display and above the bottom speaker is normal. While heat is to be expected with it being a powerful device and of course as mentioned, being water proof but I just haven't found anyone who has felt warmth from the same place as I.

Back