• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root bricked after flashing CM10, unbricking method not working

hey guys, so last night i flashed CM10, but for some reason it wouldnt read my SD no matter what i tried, so i went to restore the backup i did before CM10 flash but it gave me an error message and then restarted the phone, this time it got stuck on lg logo, so i proceeded to unbrick the sucker, after that i tried flashing CM10 again, but again it wouldnt read my SD, i went into CWM and flashed PG's Plage to see if it would fix the problem but it didnt even get passed the CM boot logo, so i proceeded to unbrick yet again, only this time it doesnt work, it keeps getting tuck on the Metropcs logo and i wont go further, i have flashed the firmware several time with same result, i have pressed all combinations on the buttons but it wont go into Factory reset or nothing, all it does is goes into download mode or get stuck on metro logo, did i bricked it completely? I posted on CM10 thread but it seems to have gone ignored, any input would be hugely appreciated

Hello and welcome to the forums. Question to ask is or was a recovery installed on the device . And are you shore you dl the correct cm10 for your device

Which recovery are you using?..

Im used 2nd recovery touch, i flashed PG's loki but mainly 2nd since i had to unbrick

Hello and welcome to the forums. Question to ask is or was a recovery installed on the device . And are you shore you dl the correct cm10 for your device

well thanks a lot, but i've actually been around for a while, just in other sections, and correct me if im wrong, but how could i have flashed CM10 if i didnt had recovery installed? also im pretty "shore" its the correct CM10 for the spirit lol

Try the unbrick method hopefully it works then flash samurai so you can have the Loki patch then flash a permanent recovery..

I explained in the OP that conventional unbricking method has been tried several times with the same result: stuck on Metropcs logo with no results from vol+ power or any other button combination

ok so i got a new phone from metro, i came home, rooted, flashed CM10 again, flashed PG's CWM and gapps too, rebooted and ran into the same problems with the SD, so i rebooted into recovery and when i went to flash samurai, it said it coudnt access internal sd, everything else seemed fine, but i coudnt flash anything, so i flashed firmware and again im stuck at the Metropcs logo with no functionality whatsoever again!!! im getting really pissed and its gonna be really hard to explain to metro that im replacing two different phones with exactly the same problem in two days, and i cant believe nobody else has ran into this problem!! i've been flashing stuff to phones for a long time, while im not any stretch of the imagination a dev or programmer of any kind, im pretty sure what i can and cant do, and i havent done anything out of the ordinary, i followed the instructions to the letter, of procedures that have performed a bunch of times successfully before, what the hell is going on!! am i loosing my mind?!? please somebody help me before i cave in and spend money that i dont have on a phone that i dont need, because i dont think they are going to give me another phone at metro

by the way i cant do a factory reset because the phone doesnt respond to anything but the power button, i can turn it on and watch it get stuck on the metro logo, thats it, no amount of button pressing brings it out of it or avoids it going into it

With the new recovery you can only access the external card..next time flash samurai first..that has the Loki patch after that flash one of the new recovery's so now you can hold the power+vol/down buttons to access the recovery so you don't have to use the unbricking method anymore..

Like Nycity said, the permanent recovery only read the external card not the internal. When you do the unbrick, you have to let it cycle all the way through other wise it will stick at the boot screen. Also PG's cm10 is still a bit buggy. So you might want to try one of the other ROM's

Even when you power by holding vol down and power. You have to hold those buttons until it goes to the reset confirm screen.

I have done more then my share of unbricks on this phone and the motion. Every time it got stuck in a boot loop that's what I did.

Back
Top Bottom