• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bricked or...?

I jut managed to put Clockwork Mod on my phone. everything worked fine before I tried to flash a rom accidentally from another phone. Clockwork however didn't install it.

So then I tried the rb3mod, the screen installed and flashed and rebooted. Ever since this. I can't get past the Samsung spalsh screen.

I have tried reflashing clockwork through Odin and reflashing stock. It just doesn't respond. The other two modes however will work. I can get to upload and download mode, but no matter what I cannot get to recovery mode any more.

Did I brick, if so how can I unbrick it?

Phone doesn't work - soft brick
Phone doesn't even turn on - hard brick

When you go to download mode and install the stock ROM with Odin, what happens?

Had something similar happen with mine. Had to find the right download of the stock Odin image cause some of them don't work right. Then to get r3bmod to start needed to only format cache and data (system caused same issue you had) and had to use the update2 version of that. Then since the keyboard app would crash had to load an apk of swype or Google keyboard. All works now though

Back
Top Bottom