• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bunch of apps broke...faulty SD card or something else to blame?

skeelo

Today I noticed a bunch of Apps were missing from my phone, particularly ones that are on installed on my SD card. They are no longer available in apps, but they seem to be installed.

For instance, Angry Birds icon is not in apps, but under Downloaded in Manage Applications I see com.rovio.angrybirds with a grey folder icon that says 'SD'. Same with Pandora...no icon but com.pandora.android shows in Downloaded.

If I re-download apps and try to move to SD card, it says error occurred. If I then uninstall, reinstall and then move to phone it works.

My question is, what the heck happened? Yesterday I did clear Application cache within App2SD, could this be responsible, or am I looking at a possible faulty SD card? Is there anything else that would cause this?

I'd prefer not to have to download install, uninstall and reinstall all the Apps that are having problems, as some contain data I need as well as save games.

Seems as if though something made these apps as not registered but they are still installed??? :confused::confused::confused:

Today I noticed a bunch of Apps were missing from my phone, particularly ones that are on installed on my SD card. They are no longer available in apps, but they seem to be installed.

For instance, Angry Birds icon is not in apps, but under Downloaded in Manage Applications I see com.rovio.angrybirds with a grey folder icon that says 'SD'. Same with Pandora...no icon but com.pandora.android shows in Downloaded.

If I re-download apps and try to move to SD card, it says error occurred. If I then uninstall, reinstall and then move to phone it works.

My question is, what the heck happened? Yesterday I did clear Application cache within App2SD, could this be responsible, or am I looking at a possible faulty SD card? Is there anything else that would cause this?

I'd prefer not to have to download install, uninstall and reinstall all the Apps that are having problems, as some contain data I need as well as save games.

Seems as if though something made these apps as not registered but they are still installed??? :confused::confused::confused:

just format your sd card or buy a new one

just format your sd card or buy a new one
That's a rather heavy handed approach. This is caused by a file system error on the sd card. If remounting the card and rebooting the phone don't work, then you can put the card in a PC and use fsck to correct the error. That is a Linux utility, but is available in OSX, and Windows users can use Ext2Fsd. If these techniques fail, then format or replace the card.

Back
Top Bottom