• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calendar now showing ALL my FB friends birthdays...

Kind of annoying having the little arrow to say there's an event on practically every single day on the HTC Calendar widget.
This wasn't the case before the other day so I'm assuming it's a 2.2 thing, not sure though.

As far as I can tell there's no way to hide them either, and it was done automatically.
Just because I have a person on my FB doesn't mean I care so much when their birthday is. It dilutes my calendar and means I can't tell when my actual important things are happening

Any ideas then? And don't say "use another calendar app", I'm otherwise happy with this, it's simple and does what I need of it

I have the opposite problem - I want my facebook birthdays on my calendar but don't have an option to select to make this happen. Any thoughts on how I could do this?

Have you got Facebook for HTC Sense set up in Settings - Accounts & Sync?
There could be 2 Facebook options to set...

I wish there was a way to hide them from the calendar, but to still get the notifications on the widget for the next day's birthdays...

Upvote 0
Have you got Facebook for HTC Sense set up in Settings - Accounts & Sync?
There could be 2 Facebook options to set...

I wish there was a way to hide them from the calendar, but to still get the notifications on the widget for the next day's birthdays...

You could try ebobirthday from the market and avoid having them in your calendar all together. It will extract all birthdays, storee in its own database and notify you of them

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones