• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera quality

iTzKPanda

AF's resident panda
So I realized that when I go to take a picture and choose 8MP, the quality of the.picture looks the same as if I were to put it on 1.3MP.

What's going on? :/

So I realized that when I go to take a picture and choose 8MP, the quality of the.picture looks the same as if I were to put it on 1.3MP.

What's going on? :/

It "looks" the same on a 4.5" screen but the the size of the pic is different. You can tell better if you upload it to a PC and look at it on a larger screen. Or you can try zooming in. You will be able to zoom in and have the picture remain clear more on a 8MP picture than on a 2.4 MP or 1.3MP picture.

My Epic 4G Touch camera does not have a 1.3MP setting but it does have a 2.4MP setting. When I take a pic at my desk using the 8MP setting and look at it in File Manager, the pic size is 2.90MB. When I change the camera settings to 2.4MP and take the same pic again, the size of the pic shrinks to 1.27MB.

Netcat pretty much nailed it. The 8mp means that you can blow the picture up to a much larger size without losing quality or clarity. Another way to put it is that the 8mp size will let you make posters, while the 1.3mp size will let you make postcards. :)

Back
Top Bottom