• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I go back to 4.1.1

animal47

Is it possible to roll back to 4.1.1 without rooting as I am beginning to detest this phone since it's last update. It constantly lags, screen rotate stops working, internet doesnt work very well especially on wifi and I am constantly rebooting the phone. Final straw was last night when it just shut off and appeared dead apart from holding the power button showed a battery icon on screen, it finally came back to life after pulling the battery.

Is it possible to roll back to 4.1.1 without rooting as I am beginning to detest this phone since it's last update. It constantly lags, screen rotate stops working, internet doesnt work very well especially on wifi and I am constantly rebooting the phone. Final straw was last night when it just shut off and appeared dead apart from holding the power button showed a battery icon on screen, it finally came back to life after pulling the battery.

Sorry to hear about your problems. ....I haven't had any problems at all but yes you can downgrade back to 4.1.1 go to this link im posting and follow directions.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2086769

Thank you. I have now uninstalled everything that I dont need and turned off all syncs and auto updates so will see how i get on like this for a few days before going backwards.

Thanks for that link. I may also downgrade back as I am now having battery life trouble, per my new topic I made.

No problem....but wat is killing your battery? I get awesome battery life on my device wat I recommend is getting clear cache app its a really good app also make sure you dont have your maps running in the background and turn off auto rotation.

Thank you. I have now uninstalled everything that I dont need and turned off all syncs and auto updates so will see how i get on like this for a few days before going backwards.

K cool just don't downgrade you will loose some tw features.

I know this might be a pain to do, but did you try a factory reset? Usually there could be old residual files prior to the update that can interfere or cause issues with the new update. I also recommend doing it through the Android Recovery Console as that method wipes all partitions and reformats them again.

No problem....but wat is killing your battery? I get awesome battery life on my device wat I recommend is getting clear cache app its a really good app also make sure you dont have your maps running in the background and turn off auto rotation.

Go check out my thread I made and tell me what you think.. Should be at the top now. Maps does seem to be one of the culprits but when I was getting great battery life, Maps was running as well. I have never figured out, even on my Evo, to disable that from running when I don't need it. If you force stop it, it will just start right back up.

I know this might be a pain to do, but did you try a factory reset? Usually there could be old residual files prior to the update that can interfere or cause issues with the new update. I also recommend doing it through the Android Recovery Console as that method wipes all partitions and reformats them again.

I havent tried a factory reset I must admit as I couldn't be bothered to set the phone up from scratch again but it is definitely worth a try I suppose.

Go check out my thread I made and tell me what you think.. Should be at the top now. Maps does seem to be one of the culprits but when I was getting great battery life, Maps was running as well. I have never figured out, even on my Evo, to disable that from running when I don't need it. If you force stop it, it will just start right back up.

If your rooted YOu can use rom tool box pro to stop maps and any other apps from running in the bG its located in the auto start manager. Are you using a custom rom or your just on stock rom?

If your rooted YOu can use rom tool box pro to stop maps and any other apps from running in the bG its located in the auto start manager. Are you using a custom rom or your just on stock rom?

I have not rooted this phone. I am just stock.

I havent tried a factory reset I must admit as I couldn't be bothered to set the phone up from scratch again but it is definitely worth a try I suppose.

After an update, a factory reset can usually resolve issues with the device on most cases. Unfortunately, it means setting up the phone again and is a pain with most users.

Back
Top Bottom