• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot send Picture Message

Hi

I'm having problems sending Pictures via Text messages from My Galaxy S5 Mini that I'm using with my AT&T Service. The Phone works great with AT&T except for sending text messages with pictures, I've got my AT&T Data turned off except for use with WIFI which is what I prefer using! My Phones data settings are still turned on. I should still be able to send Pictures via texting threw wifi even with my AT&T data turned off. I don't know what the problem could be, but when sending pics to anyone a spinning circle appears at the bottom right side of message box. After a few hours or even a few days sending still appears in the massage section for the same picture massage sent. I don't know if I need to configure Mobile Networks, APN Settings, or Messages but I do need to get this problem fixed. AT&T can't help me because they have no information on the Galaxy S5 Mini!

Carriers have a picture file size limit.

In the past when you exceeded it you got a message - now, silent failure.

Textra, Play Store, will let you set a size limit - if your pictures are any bigger it will automatically adjust the file size so they'll send anyway.

Try it, set it to 1 MB, see if that fixes it.

Textra is free and ad-free.

You can set it to send via wifi only if AT&T supports that, otherwise you'll have to turn mobile data on.

Back