• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't root my lepan tablet, HELP!

mtinervin

Lurker
First I want to say that I have had my lepan rooted before, even had clockwork mod and CM7 or 9 on it don't remember which. So I know a tiny bit about rooting, even my Optimus V is rooted. But I'm having a problem that I can't figure out for the life of me. So I upgraded to the unofficial Le Pan tc970 firmware 4749 a couple hours ago because of the tablet freezing up all the time. Was thinking that his might fix that problem. I had the lepan for almost a year, and I've even tried many times to go to suport about the issue. I email them acouple times and I was told the first time that they were working on a fix that never came, and the second time I was told that I had to kill all running processes in order to keep it from freezes. So the fix never came and the killing of the running process didn't work either. So I took things into my own hands and did the firmware upgrade, what did I have to loose, the tablet wasn't working right anyway.

I reformatted my computer 3 weeks ago because of having a hard drive that crashed on me, and just today I upgraded the firmware. Now I'm wanting to re root my lepan but winblows7 wont recognize it, and when I go to manually install the drivers it tells me the best driver is already installed and wont go any further. I've uninstalled the generic usb drivers, I've restarted both my computer and the tablet but it didn't work. I'm stuck at this point, just how am I going to re root my tablet if my computer wont even recognize my it. I'm not sure if I got the right USB drivers for windows 7 from the all things root section for lepan. But I downloaded what was there for windows. I'm hoping I don't have to reinstall windows again, but at this point since I know that my lepan tablet is back to factory, I know it's not the problem and I just might have to. Anyone have any idea how to fix this or at least force windows to accept the correct drivers.

I've been to the Lepan website, and being the great company they are, every time I go to support page I get directed to the warranty page.

Please help. I would be grateful.

plug your tablet in to your computer using the USB data cable.

find the new device or the improperly installed/unrecognized device.

select "update driver".

select "browse my computer for driver software"

Select "let me pick..."

Select "adb device" or your improperly installed/unrecognized device"

Select "have disK"

point it to the folder that you unpacked the USB driver files to (like c:\tc970\driver) or something like that.

you should be good to go.

ALSO: you need to have the android SDK kit installed already(download from the developer.android.com website)

Back
Top Bottom