• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] [ROM] Stock Rooted Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.08.651.3 odex & deodex (10-27-2011)

You are correct, simple stock ROM, and I am on Cleanrom myself, and love it

I am guessing that this ROM does not have the the Carrier IQ software removed. Would I be correct in making that assumption?

I have been rooted stock for quite a while and I was thinking about trying out CleanROM 2.9.5 actually because I am pretty sure all of that stuff has been stripped from that ROM. Thanks for the link, DonB.

Upvote 0
I am using CleanROM too and it is excellent. Has both wifi tether and the hotspot hack and no bloat.

What exactly does the hotspot hack do? Does it just enable the regular Sprint hotspot app to work for free like Wi-Fi Tether?

Do you know if CleanROM 2.9.5 keeps all of the same apps that comes with a stock ROM? I would sort of like to be able to have everything that I have now with my rooted stock ROM.

Upvote 0
Any sprint app, nascar, gps, footbal etc.... can't remember them all, lol

Thanks. I guess I am wondering what the developer considers to be bloatware though?

In my stock ROM there are not too many apps that seem to be bloatware. Do you happen know which bloatware apps were removed?

Upvote 0
What exactly does the hotspot hack do? Does it just enable the regular Sprint hotspot app to work for free like Wi-Fi Tether?

Do you know if CleanROM 2.9.5 keeps all of the same apps that comes with a stock ROM? I would sort of like to be able to have everything that I have now with my rooted stock ROM.

Hi! Yes, you can use the Sprint Hotspot for free like Wifi Tether. It works only with 3G though, whereas Wifi Tether works on 4G. As for CleanROM itself, it is very close to stock but like Don said, doesn't include stuff like Nascar. If you do want some of the Sprint apps you can download them separately as you want them. For example, to get the football app, text "football" to 7777.

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones