• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Time to root is now can someone please help

Hello I felt it only right to explain what happened last night I'm the guy with the evo we were gonna root last I was on my soon to be rooted tablet when I got ur message I then while on my tablet tried to Android forum keep in mind I've had recent browser problems I get to the forum fast but I can't login my keyboard isn't appearing I was like oh know then I had my tablet not my phone so I get my phone and it decides to be a nuisance last night this was on one then it wasn't charged then their wad a mis hap with my pass word. I was all excited about my phone yesturday im very sorry I apolligize to you and those that were so patiently and eagerly waiting to help and assist me thanks everyone now if we can do this again that would be really great
Im ready charged just waiting on you guys I'm sorry I feel bad hopefully I hear from you guys soon
Respectfully Robert

That's no problem Robert. I'll be in and out tonight. The guide that I linked to above is a good place to start.

Without specific questions, I'm not sure how to help because I don't know what you need help with.

Also, I have the cdma version of this phone so I'm not very familiar with specific files to use with the GSM model. I'll do my best though to help out when you're stuck.

Dude I'm not sure if my evo is gsm or cdma how can I check I don't have a sim card and this green android keeps sweating me cause I can't access my tablet keyboard to even put in my username and or password I'm all good on the EVO.so far still alive

Okay, no Sim card should be cdma then! That's good because I know more about that one. :cool:

Can you tell me the info from the bootloader screen?

Phone that has cdma usually has H or H+ or HSDPA sign when they enable their data. Or you may check on settings> mobile network settings> networkmode check if cdma is available in the option if it does for sure your phone support it.

I think you would benefit from starting here: http://androidforums.com/cdma-evo-3d-all-things-root/494212-complete-newbies-guide-rooting-flashing-evo-3d-roms-kernels-using-fastboot.html

This will walk you through the htcdev unlock process step by step and will help us to help you if you get stuck at a specific step.

Following this guide will get you rooted, so let's start there.

Also I moved this to the CDMA section to avoid confusion, but just to verify can you post the information on your bootloader screen?

Do a battery pull and return it. Then hold volume down +power

My phone is stuck on the boat loader screen I did write and submit And send to you what it said I'm nervous let me tell you how do I exit boat loader screen

Thank you, I just wanted to make sure you had CDMA version.

Just use volume down button to get to fastboot, then hit the power button to select fastboot.

From there you can choose to reboot

Oh yea I'm on my tablet working good today but should I be on my who or it doesn't matter

Evo

I'm not quite sure what you are asking?

Did you look at the guide I linked above? If you follow that step by step it's pretty good.

And if you get stuck you can let us know exactly where you are stuck as we can refer back to the guide.

If you can please be specific as possible to help us help you.

You should charge up your phone before rooting. At least 50%.

You need the SDK, the drivers, custom recovery and the supersu binaries.

Also you need an account on HTCdev website

Back
Top Bottom