• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Classic Android Launcher

Tslide91

Android Enthusiast
Jul 9, 2010
Northeast u.s.
Anyone know where I could find that? I've searched far and wide with no luck.

Basically I just want a launcher that looks like 1.0/1/5/6

Halp! I miss the old-school friendly-looking Android. The new sleek look and everything is great, it's impressive. But it doesn't make you feel all giddy when you play with it. It just doesn't have that "charm."

So if anyone knows where to find a launcher that mimicks the classic look, please point me in that direction!

Thanks in advance!

LOL. You remind me of a younger colleague of mine, who likes all things vintage.

Zeam is one of my favourite launchers, apart from LauncherPro. It's simple and lightweight, though it doesn't look old school. You may want to make it look more vintagey using wallpapers and icons. That way, you have a launcher that doesn't have too many bells and whistles, yet supports your phone's capabilities.

If you insist on looking for the older versions of launchers, you can search something like LauncherPro .apk in Google, and download one of the older versions (check file version name is available) hosted on file sharing sites. There are possible risks involved though!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones