• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Classic" HTC Desire S Problems

Hi Folks.

I'm pretty tech savvy and have fixed numerous Desires/Wildfires and Heroes but I've come up with a bit of a blank with this. The phone is experiencing what appears to be classic issues, signal dropping off, no signal at all sometimes and not able to see any WiFi networks.

I cannot convey how many topics I have read and how many things I have tried to sort this problem. The phone was on an Orange UK stock ROM.

Currently I've got the phone running CyanogenMod 7.2 at the moment and basically if I set it to GSM only I get a fairly stable phone signal but you get the dire G internet, which is useless when the WiFi doesn't work. Going on GSM/WCDMA gives you H sometimes but at the expense of the signal disappearing completely pretty regularly. Its Unlocked, S-ON, HBOOT 2.00.0002 and the Radio is 3822.10.08.04_M

The bottom line: Is there a ROM/Radio upgrade/downgrade out there that will solve this problem, or has the phone just been abandoned by HTC. I can provide other details on request.

Cheers for any advice because I'm just going in circles reading the 100's of topics online!

Ever since mobile phones became "smart", some manufacturers seem to have lost sight of the fact that a mobile phone's primary function is just that - a phone. Consequently, attention to good RF design is of paramount importance. Manufacturers do not appear to publish a mobile phone's radio frequency (RF) sensitivity. This is measured in units known as dBm. As such, it is difficult to compare one phone with another.

With specific reference to the HTC Desire S, I own one such device. I find it amazing that HTC chose to put the phone's antenna into a part of the phone shielded when the phone is held normally. What say we reintroduce the good old-fashioned external antenna? Were they really an eyesore?

JPC

I couldn't have put it better myself. Such a shame as it seems like a great great phone, the battery life seemed to be pretty impressive!

При синхронизации контактов появляется сообщение об ошибке с кодом 1000. Что это хначит и как выполнить синхронизацию

При синхронизации контактов появляется сообщение об ошибке с кодом 1000.
Что это значит и как выполнить синхрогизацию?

Back
Top Bottom