• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cliq Xt battery

meecuhh

Lurker
Does the xt's battery really run out fast? I already removed myfacebook and twitter updates and I dont go on my IMs anymore but it seems that the battery doesnt last. My xt is new Ive only have it for 3weeks I switched it w the mytouch 3.5 cus of its sd card issue so I dont wanna assume that theres something wrong w my xt's battery.

I have had my Xt for a week and I really use it and I average on one single charge between 30+ hrs without any task killers,managers and or cleaners. Like right now I am over 30hrs at 12% left

Turn off 3G, only turn it on when using it (surfing the web or using a web based app), lower the brightness. I went from not being able to make it a full day on 3G to almost 3 days on EDGE.

maybe a little premature on my post here considering i don't even have my xt yet (i just bought one off of ebay). I'm going to be traveling in south america for a year and will surely want good battery life as I may be away from electric outlets for stretches of time. Can i simply buy two or three replacement batteries and keep them charged and swap them out as each dies on me? does this seem plausible?

i think thats a good idea. i dont get how some peoples battery last for 30+ hrs my full charged battery only last 12hrs. even if im not doing anything. and all the updates are turned off.

My battery lasts an alright time if i dont run apps all the time i use a task killer to make sure when im not running apps that i conserve the battery but on a normal basis my battery can last 28 hours but i texts alot and am always doing something on it so i run it down quickly lol

Nope, good battery here, 1420mAh is plenty for a phone with specs such as this. Unplugged from charger 8am and about 3pm it was at 71% and I used it quite a bit. I keep GPS and BT turned off of course, I have a wifi auto enabler which turns wifi on when I enter an area with a familiar network, and brightness to 50%.

Back
Top Bottom