• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CliqXT now has root! =)

Mastermind278

Android Enthusiast
It's official folks, we finally have root!

The root is based off the root for the DROID2. It seems to work with both the CliqXT and Backflip though it does take some playing around. You can find the instructions here: [ROOT] All versions of Backflip

I initially had problems getting it to work here is what I did in order for it to work:
-After running ./rageagsinsthecage-arm5.bin I still had received a $
-When I turned off the phone I unplugged the USB Wire. Turn on the Phone. Then I plugged in the USB wire after the phone was fully running. Did adb shell and still didn't have root. So I re-ran ./rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
After that script was done, I QUICKLY (AS SOON AS I COULD) ran adb kill-server... then continued with adb devices and adb shell and voila #.

Discussion about the root for the XT can be found here: YES we are all waiting for root - Page 2

I would also like to thank Skrilax_CZ and C_Skills for getting this to work!

PS. Barnacle Wifi Tether works beautifully! :-)

---------------------
New quicker way for Root with SuperOneClick Root: [APP]SuperOneClick v1.5.3 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App, Get UNLOCK code) - xda-developers

Attachments

• device.jpg
    device.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 153
  • SUrequest.jpg
    SUrequest.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 100826-174723.jpg
    100826-174723.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 100826-174944.jpg
    100826-174944.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 136
Interesting, I have the Quench (not the Brasil model) and the Brazilian root doesn't work, gonna see if this does anything.

Wonder if there will be a more "average user" friendly way to root, looks pretty complicated. Awesome news nonetheless.

Nope I guess no luck for me, the Canadian Quench seems to be as tight as a drum, the Brazilian root and this root won't work. :S

Hello everyone,

I am pretty new... to this stuff... so forgive the noobish questions.

So I just rooted my phone... I do not plan to load a custom rom yet, because it seems there is only a brizillian rom out so far.

Since I have root now and since I have not loaded a custom rom, I do still get the OTA update, correct? Also, once I backed up the Stock 1.5 then proceeded to load a custom rom, I could always flash back to the stock 1.5 to get the OTA update?

Just a few questions thanks guys...

Yes, you will be able to get the OTA but will lose Root.

The Brazilian Rom is actually US based. It works perfectly on the Cliq. Once you login to MotoBlur, and let Motoblur load, you restart the phone and everything, including the widgets are in English.

Also 2.1 should be around the corner. I just got it partially working, hopefully a developer can get it working completely. We really need the radio and keyboard layout working and then voila! Cliq XT NOW RUNNING Android 2.1 ... No Data and Keyboard Layout problems

Hm now I'm drawing a blank on what apps to install, already got screenshot and titanium backup and droid vnc server won't work.

Working great though, I removed some of Rogers' internal apps from the system.

I just wish I rooted sooner I'm having a great time now. I actually love my phone , thanks. Mastermind. I didn't want to get a new phone though the bionic was whispering sweet nothings in my ear. Maybe later

Back
Top Bottom