• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Clock is becoming an hour behind at times (sprint)

mach1man

Android Expert
So my family and I just recently bought a few S5's and We love them so far!! 1 thing that we have all noticed is that at random times through out the day the clock will be off an hour. How do we solve this.... Its very annoying. We are on the Sprint network.

So my family and I just recently bought a few S5's and We love them so far!! 1 thing that we have all noticed is that at random times through out the day the clock will be off an hour. How do we solve this.... Its very annoying. We are on the Sprint network.

I'm guessing that you do not have the clock synced to the network.

Settings/Date and Time/

Check "automatic date and time" to use Network Time.

Automatic Time Zone:

• Uncheck to make it stay in your home town
  • check it to make it follow you to China and give proper local time.

Check either 24 hour, or 12 hour format.

Select time format you want.

I'm guessing that you do not have the clock synced to the network.

Settings/Date and Time/

Check "automatic date and time" to use Network Time.

Automatic Time Zone:

This is false. Mine did the same thing. I was checking everything and the automatic had me it the wrong time zone. I unchecked it and put it in manually

This is false. Mine did the same thing. I was checking everything and the automatic had me it the wrong time zone. I unchecked it and put it in manually

Whoa feller, not quite so fast.

I can appreciate that you might be in a state where there are multiple time zones. ie, Indiana or Arizona. Been there, lived there....

What I said works for all areas that are always in a single time zone.

IF you are in an area which is most of the USA where the time zone is the same in all of your everyday travels, what I showed works every time.

I travel a lot and have watched the time zone keep track of where I am at and the phone switches to the "new local time" within a few miles of the change over spot (state lines in some areas, county lines in others).

I have though, when it was more important to keep my phone "back home" set it on manual. ie, working in Arizona but wanted to keep track of Okie land time....

This also happens to me from time to time. Usually an hour ahead though. Everything is configured correctly on my phone as well. Just do a reboot and it will be fixed. Or sometimes will fix it's self eventually.

Whoa feller, not quite so fast.

I can appreciate that you might be in a state where there are multiple time zones. ie, Indiana or Arizona. Been there, lived there....

What I said works for all areas that are always in a single time zone.

IF you are in an area which is most of the USA where the time zone is the same in all of your everyday travels, what I showed works every time.

I travel a lot and have watched the time zone keep track of where I am at and the phone switches to the "new local time" within a few miles of the change over spot (state lines in some areas, county lines in others).

I have though, when it was more important to keep my phone "back home" set it on manual. ie, working in Arizona but wanted to keep track of Okie land time....

Whoa buddy ur fix don't always work. I am in a one time zone state, far from any other time zone and the phone carrier keeps changing it. So get the facts b4 u speak out of you a$$ because I am in PA and I gave a correct statement for the same thing I was experiencing, not an answer that "works everything because it's supposed to" I gave him a correct answer based on experience

Back
Top Bottom