• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Clockworkmod Rom Manager On The Triumph?

portezbie

Android Enthusiast
I'm a bit of an android new so please bear with me. From what I understand there are no custom roms yet but I was wondering if I download CWM's rom manager could I use it to back up and restore my current phone configuration as well as potentially restore it to a stock rom?

Please be aware that the version in the Market does not know about this phone. It is a VERY BAD IDEA to randomly pick one - you can screw yourself pretty good doing that.

The correct version is found here in the forum and is very, very easy to load on this phone. Just turn it off, hold down the VOLUME DOWN button, turn it on, you'll see a scrolling single line on the screen.

Plug it into USB, you'll see a disk show up. In that folder will be a file called "recovery.img"

SAVE THAT FILE (e.g. to your disk, just in case you want to put the original back later) and then write over it with the correct version from here (either Isaac's version, which I like as it uses the soft keys on the screen, or the other one.)

Then pull the battery to shut down (I can't find another way) and to reboot into Clockwork hold BOTH volume buttons and press POWER until the phone vibrates, then release POWER (while holding both volume buttons.) It will come up in Clockwork.

Back
Top Bottom