• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Data throttling

mobileplay

Does anyone know if the settings.apk/settings.odex hack to remove data throttling will work for this phone? Thought I would ask before I take the time to try it.

I'm not so sure data throttling can be avoided. If you go over your limit Metro will throttle you and I don't think there's anything you can do about it. The throttling process is initiated on their end. There are no such files on the phone that can remove the throttle since the process starts on their end. I could be wrong and please correct me if I am. This is just stuff I heard.

I'm not so sure data throttling can be avoided. If you go over your limit Metro will throttle you and I don't think there's anything you can do about it. The throttling process is initiated on their end. There are no such files on the phone that can remove the throttle since the process starts on their end. I could be wrong and please correct me if I am. This is just stuff I heard.

Im pretty sure that if you extract the deodexed services.jar there are throttling files, those are what create the /data/services/throttle files that tell the network how much dats has been used. I will try the hack for it and post results. if it doesnt work I will just re flash the gas mod and be good to go.

Im pretty sure that if you extract the deodexed services.jar there are throttling files, those are what create the /data/services/throttle files that tell the network how much dats has been used. I will try the hack for it and post results. if it doesnt work I will just re flash the gas mod and be good to go.

Mobileplay did you ever get this to work?

Think I have got data throttling removed, will be testing for a few days to make sure before I post a new rom.

Still working on a recovery for bricked phones too, just taking some time..

unless metro is extremely stupid it is all server side. otherwise an factory reset wipe would remove your throttling limits.

plenty of people have claimed its related to network speed but its not :/

your best bet may be to look into how the tmobile people did it on the g2 ages ago.

Shabby, how would I figure out which partitions are the modems? The only thing I thought was maybe the size should be around 1200kb?? I have pulled every partition off the phone that I can. If you could use the let me know and I will send them to you.

i was afflicted with this throttling problem until today when i logged onto the metropcs website and saw that they have a promotion going... $55/mo for unlimited everything (including endless 4g). i was paying $50/mo for 2.5gb of 4g. i had no problem signing up and moving over to the $55 plan.

would recommend to anyone concerned with throttling to just spend the extra $5 a month. you wont get the nifty metro video software, or whatever it is that bundles with the $70 plan, but... well, if you're using metroware you should rethink your entire life.

oh, and does anyone know if there are hidden fees and taxes for switching up plans, as i have done?

I don't think any hidden fees or taxes, but payments start the day you switch plans so you pay your bill right then for the next 30 days.

Back
Top Bottom