• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Default folders on SD card?

Hi there,

I just got this phone a couple weeks ago, and I've been pretty happy with it, but out of nowhere today the SD card that came with the phone stopped working. It won't read on my phone or my computer at all, so I switched to a new card. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost all the default folders to place ringtones, music, pictures and so forth, and I'm not sure how to get them back without possibly doing a hard reset (and if doing so will work).

So is there anyone willing to tell me the folders that are usually found on the SD card and their names, as well as anything I may need to add? I didn't think the card would short out so soon, so backing things up didn't really cross my mind.

Code:
/alarms             alarm clock sounds
/DCIM/100ANDRO      photos
/music
/notifications      notification sounds
/Pictures           screenshots
/ringtones
Can't think of anything else you should need. Your old SD for sure had a lot more folders than these, but most of them were likely for 3rd party apps' settings.

With the information supplied, I suggest performing a format to the new SD card with the handset, as this should format the SD card and add the appropriate folders.

This is the like the same procedure you would use when buying a new Hard Drive a format is required before using it.

Menu > Settings > Storage > Erase SD card

Let me know how this works out.

Back
Top Bottom