• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Deleted bloat apps now update keeps failing

No, but you can flash the 5.5.893 fxz file with rsdlite. It will wipe everything but your sd card and reinstall 5.5893 with all the bloat. Root and forever root using this TEHROOT 1.1.1 option 2. Check that forever root was successful by using root explorer going to system -bin-mount_ext3.sh view and you should see
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk

Then check for an update and install. you should be on 5.9.902 with root.

http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-things-root/480176-how-flash-5-5-893-rsdlite.html

Upvote 0
No, but you can flash the 5.5.893 fxz file with rsdlite. It will wipe everything but your sd card and reinstall 5.5893 with all the bloat. Root and forever root using this TEHROOT 1.1.1 option 2. Check that forever root was successful by using root explorer going to system -bin-mount_ext3.sh view and you should see
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk

Then check for an update and install. you should be on 5.9.902 with root.

http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-things-root/480176-how-flash-5-5-893-rsdlite.html

I'm in the exact same boat...If I move all my apps to the SD will they still be there after I do this?

Upvote 0
lol, well I moved all my apps to the sd, did a full backup using rommanger, and backed up all my apps but after going through the reflashing process it was all gone and I didn't bother to move any of it to my computer for safe storage so it looks like I'll just have to suck it up and re-download everything.

And I lost root to boot :(

Upvote 0
lol, well I moved all my apps to the sd, did a full backup using rommanger, and backed up all my apps but after going through the reflashing process it was all gone and I didn't bother to move any of it to my computer for safe storage so it looks like I'll just have to suck it up and re-download everything.

And I lost root to boot :(

Your actual MicroSD Card is labeled /scard-ext.

Your Internal storage is labeled /sdcard.

Are you sure you moved the files to the removable microSD Card, or did you move them to internal storage? B/c internal storage gets wiped, IIRC....

Upvote 0
Your actual MicroSD Card is labeled /scard-ext.

Your Internal storage is labeled /sdcard.

Are you sure you moved the files to the removable microSD Card, or did you move them to internal storage? B/c internal storage gets wiped, IIRC....

I know the difference, and I thought they had been moved to the ext but apparently not, haha. Oh well it doesn't matter, I spent a good part of yesterday re-rooting and upgrading, now I'm up to .902 and rooted with all my apps and whatnot back. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones