• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dependable way to disable lockscreen?

droidpcguru

Android Enthusiast
As the title says, is there any way/app to disable the lockscreen entirely? I've applied trailblazers aosp lockcreen mod, then Ciscogee's latest NBT port(love the ICS softkeys and the blue everywhere). None of the apps I usually use(Screen Lock Widget, No lock, or No Lock Screen) seem to work.

Ive also read that disabling the Ticker(not an option on my Wife's continuum) is the only way..-hope not.

Thanks in advance!

As the title says, is there any way/app to disable the lockscreen entirely? I've applied trailblazers aosp lockcreen mod, then Ciscogee's latest NBT port(love the ICS softkeys and the blue everywhere). None of the apps I usually use(Screen Lock Widget, No lock, or No Lock Screen) seem to work.

Ive also read that disabling the Ticker(not an option on my Wife's continuum) is the only way..-hope not.

Thanks in advance!

I suppose you could do it by altering the smali files. It would be difficult, to say the least. The closest thing I know of (and I'm not sure if he's put it out, yet) would be trailblazers ticker unlock. I did some beta work with it, and it's pretty good. But i think he's still tweaking on it. Basically, you squeeze the grip sensors. The ticker wakes up, and you tap it to wake the main screen. He told me that it's actually in several of his mods. You might want to try it on your wife's phone and see if it's in his aosp lock mod, and if it will work. I know that isn't what you are looking for, but there aren't really any apps that will reliably go straight to the home screen on power button press.

Back
Top Bottom