• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire S retirement due to failure of WiFi

Guru82

Hi all,
After a few years solid use, it is time for my Desire S retirement. Don't get me wrong, the phone has been great, but the WiFi faulted and wouldn't connect. Now it doesn't even find any signals at all :(
3G isn't enough for me as I do occasionally download larger apps, games and files.
The performance of this phone has been excellent. Running either BnD's CM10.1 (4.2.2) or flinny's, the OS was snappy until the WiFi gave out. I really don't wish to point fingers at those ROM's, cause they made me happy, but I do wonder if somehow the chipset was being pushed a bit too far with frequency??? Do like to believe it is just age and numerous accidental drop tests that has caused the demise.

Anyhoo, I'm getting a Huawei Ascend G510. I have read the reviews and setup/used my Wife's one. They lag a bit due to lack of RAM. Think they really are value for money. $150AU for a 4.5" screen and 900/2100Mhz HSDPA means TPG (Optus) [Australia] will have better coverage in rural areas.

Why isn't the Ascend G510 listed on this forum?
Edit: nvm found the Ascend forum. I'll post there

Back
Top Bottom