• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Device keeps dropping calls.

PHP87

Android Enthusiast
This just started happening in the last week or so.

I can be at home and attempt to make a call and it will disconnect on the first few rings or after a minute or two.

I haven't noticed any problems away from home, but I make 95% of my calls from home so I'll have to wait and see if it's a local issue or not.

I have not dropped the phone and take good care of it. It is in a very good protective case and I don't even keep change or keys in the same pocket as the phone.

The phone is rooted and no reception issues.

It took me 9 attempts to call my Dr. this AM

The phone has 99:59:59 on it. (Lifetime calls)

Any advice?

Thanks.

Sounds like an issue with whatever tower you are using while at home.
Call your carrier

Maybe you just need to update your PRL. There's a thread for that somewhere around here. Just dial *228 and follow the prompt. Before you update, go to about phone in the settings and write down the current prl you have in case you want to go back to it.

Maybe you just need to update your PRL. There's a thread for that somewhere around here. Just dial *228 and follow the prompt. Before you update, go to about phone in the settings and write down the current prl you have in case you want to go back to it.

I just updated to 3042 - anyone know the current PRL?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, the problem has returned. Seems like it's an AM/Morning issue as it does not seem to occur during the evening.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom